Monster rookie girl group aespa is no stranger to making headlines, as the girls have been dominating the K-Pop scene ever since their debut almost a year ago. With their incredible talent, funky tracks, and stunning visuals, it’s no wonder that have become one of the nation’s top girl groups. And even though all 4 members are visual killers, there is one member in particular that stuns time and time again with her unreal goddess-like looks.
In a recent online community, netizens gathered to discuss what they believe has become the new visual standard for SM Entertainment — and it’s all because of Karina. The 21-year-old became a hot topic well before her official debut so it’s no wonder that her perfect body proportions and AI-like (artificial intelligence) visuals became the talk of the town following her debut.
SM Entertainment has gone on to create a reputation for themselves, as they house some of the top visuals K-Pop has ever seen. Girls’ Generation‘s Yoona and Taeyeon, Red Velvet’s Irene, f(x)’s Krystal and Sulli, and even going as far back as the veteran girl group S.E.S‘s Eugene. But even amongst these legendary visuals, Korean netizens gathered to talk about why they believe Karina may have set a new visual standard for the agency.
According to the K-Netizens, there is a genealogy of some sort that seems to get passed down from SM Entertainment visual to visual. What they mean by this is, that they can see similar vibes between the different visuals within the agency. For example, aespa Winter‘s visuals have been compared to Taeyeon, former TVXQ member Jaejoong and NCT‘s Taeyong have been compared to one another, and more.
SM Entertainment, who has a noticeable visual type, definitely scored with Karina as she becomes one of the top visuals of this current generation of K-Pop. However, even though her visuals truly reign supreme in the K-Pop world, netizens were quick to realize that her visuals don’t resemble any of her other SM Entertainment sunbaes — thus creating her own standard for the agency.
- “Her face is pretty, her body is amazing, and her personality is good. She’s perfection all around.”
- “Seriously, I have never seen a visual like hers at SM Entertainment. It’s unique.”
- “For real. I didn’t know how to feel at first because her visuals aren’t SM Entertainment’s usual type, but the more I looked at her, the more goddess-like she became ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ she’s not 2D but 3D.”
- “So true, it’s fascinating ㅋㅋㅋ but it makes sense why she was street casted and why she debuted.”
- “She’s literally a barbie doll. Her visuals, her body, she has it all.”
- “If Karina isn’t a visual member, then who is…”
- “She is so pretty and she fits in with aespa’s concept so well. That’s what makes her so much prettier.”
And honestly, it makes sense. Her visuals are top tier and one-of-a-kind, which is why we agree with the K-Netizens who believe Karina may have unknowingly set a new visual standard for SM Entertainment.
In related news, aespa recently came back with “Savage,” and they recently achieved their first ever perfect all-kill on music charts since their debut.